Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The new Piper Piccolo!

On Friday, December 23, as I was closing up the shop at 5:30 PM (after a successful Christmas gift flute showing) and about to leave for the long Holiday weekend, there came a knock at the door, and there was our Fed Ex driver with a package for me.  I wondered if Santa had morphed into a Fed Ex guy?

The package, from Little Piper, carried the new Piper piccolo.

Indeed, an early gift from Santa.

I put down all my stuff, opened the package, and played the little darling.  Ahhh-quick response, lovely centered sound, ease in all the ranges, and articulation of great variety and clarity.  The scale was even and seemed to correct all the typical piccolo difficulties.



The paperwork that came with the piccolo informed that the piccolo is made from "Piperwood", a new, trademarked, special composite consisting of grenadilla wood and other exotic materials.  In the Piper piccolo we now have the sweetness of tone associated with more costly wooden piccolos, combined with the durability and dependability of resin: they will not crack or warp.

What will this piccolo set me back, you might ask?  I'll tell you: $1,450.00.  A very competitive price.

Come to Flute Pro Shop and audition this little beauty for yourself.  I know you will agree with me that this is a great instrument at a very reasonable price useful for a wide variety of atmospheric conditions!





No comments:

Post a Comment