Friday, January 13, 2012

Chili Recipe!

Chili Recipe!

Now, before I start, you should know that I am not a very organized cook.  I have been known to start a recipe and then make sure I have the ingredients...so this can be a free-form type recipe.  Fortunately I play the flute better than I cook.


CHILI
2 large onions, diced
2-4 large garlic cloves
2 lbs ground beef or turkey (my friend Donna uses lentils)
2 32-oz cans of crushed tomatoes
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 15 ox can chili beans (optional in our house)
1 tbs oregano
 1 tsp basil
2 tsp Tabasco Sauce
2 tbs Chili powder (or more as desired)
Dash or two of cinnamon
Dash of Coca

Saute the onions and garlic until translucent.  Add the ground beef and brown.  Stir in the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste.  Add beans and spices.  Simmer for as long as you like, probably at least 2 hours.  The longer it simmers the better it tastes.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Serve over noodles or rice.  Top with sour cream and/or shredded cheese. 

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment